Holiday window shopping has already started, and the real thing is about to kick in. If you want to make the best of this retail season, you need to recognize some of these trends observed by the Intuit Small Business Blog:
- Black Friday will grow even more. It’s expected that 60 percent of shoppers will come out on that day – up from 54 percent last year and 49 percent the previous year.
- Discounts will make sales. Small businesses will have to find ways to cut prices and communicate their value add at the same time.
- Shoppers will be worried about money. That’s not changing anytime soon.
- Big promotions will get attention. Price reductions of 30 to 50 percent will drive customers into your store.
- Online buying continues to grow. Another one that’s not a huge surprise.
Figure out how to tap into these trends, and you’ll see your holiday business boom.