Bookkeeping is something a lot of people say they can do. You might even get bookkeeping help from a secretary or somebody else in your office without any formal accounting training. But, having a great bookkeeper means you’ll have great financial insight into your business.
In this episode of MissionBusinessPodcast.com, Bernard Broesch shares things you can do by having a great bookkeeper and how to find a great bookkeeper for your business.
If you have any questions about this podcast episode, please feel free to contact us.
The Benefit Of A Great Bookkeeper
By having a great bookkeeper, you can focus on running the business without worrying about bookkeeping.
- You’ll have the financial data you need to make day-to-day business decisions and also long-term strategic decisions for the business.
- A great bookkeeper will solve problems independently and not bring these problems to you to find a solution.
By having your bookkeeping data well organized and managed by a great bookkeeper, you’ll be able to run your business more effectively, file taxes at the end of the year more easily, and have smoother operations overall with your employees, clients and vendors.
What Makes A Great Bookkeeper
There are a number of things to consider when evaluating potential bookkeepers.
- It’s important that they are precise and detail-oriented.
- Bookkeeping involves a lot of details, and if those details are not kept organized then the financial data of your business becomes a problem rather than a powerful resource for you running the business.
It’s important that your bookkeeper understands the fundamentals of accounting.
- They may not need a formal accounting degree but it’s important that they understand how accounting works and the flow of accounting in business.
- This will help them fulfill their bookkeeping duties more effectively and also make them a more powerful resource for you in the financial side of your business.
A great bookkeeper is also proactive in solving problems.
- If your bookkeeper has to bring bookkeeping related questions to you then you are probably going to need to backtrack and review a lot of information to find the potential answer.
- A great bookkeeper is able to do all of these themselves and only comes to you with complex questions that are not possible for anyone other than you to answer or with a few solutions they have arrived at and a recommendation on which one that they just need your approval on.
A great bookkeeper communicates information effectively.
- Your bookkeeping data contains a lot of financial information about your business.
- A great bookkeeper is able to communicate that information effectively to you and also ask questions related to that information clearly.
How Can We Help?
Having a great bookkeeper for your business is a powerful resource that will enable you to run your business more effectively and use your financial data to make strategic decisions. If you realize now that you don’t have a great bookkeeper on your team, contact Bernard today. He’d be happy to discuss his team’s approach to bookkeeping and how it could be a powerful resource for your business.
[Image: https://www.flickr.com/photos/134465805@N06/21668959001/ ]