QuickBooks is a very robust accounting solution. Because QuickBooks has been around for so many years and has grown in popularity during that time, there’s a great marketplace of third party tools and applications that you can use with QuickBooks. These can be extremely helpful to optimize your QuickBooks workflow. In this episode of MissionBusinessPodcast.com Bernard Roesch shares examples of what you can do with third party tools and applications in QuickBooks.
If you have any questions about this podcast episode, please feel free to contact us.
Tracking Time Easily
If you have a team and need to track their time, there are third party applications you can use to track that data and get it into QuickBooks easily.
- Rather than giving your team full access to QuickBooks, you can use a separate software application or even a mobile app to track their time.
- These applications can include your various QuickBooks items or projects so you can associate their time with specific QuickBooks records.
Using QuickBooks’ time tracking with third party applications can be a huge time saver if your business needs to track time.
Easily Tracking Expenses
If employees or members of your team need to track expenses, such as travel expenses on a credit card, there are third party tools and applications that can be helpful for this. For example;
- If an employee is traveling on business and needs to keep track of meal expenses, they can use a third party mobile app to capture information about that expense.
- They can take a picture of the receipt, document the customer or project that this expense should be billed to, and save that within the application.
- This can then be synced with your QuickBooks data so that that information is logged appropriately within QuickBooks.
See Online E-commerce Businesses
If you run an E-commerce business and want to still get the benefits that QuickBooks offers, this can be possible with third party applications.
- Depending on your E-commerce shopping cart, you can sync customer data and transactions from the shopping cart with QuickBooks.
- If you’re considering integrating your e-Commerce system with QuickBooks, speak to a qualified QuickBooks expert, such as Bernard, to ensure this is done correctly.
Appropriate Third Party Applications For Your Business
If your business would get value from these types of third party applications, or you have a question about other potential applications that your business could use, contact Bernard today.
You can also visit MissionBusinessPodcast.com for more insights that Bernard has been sharing with us in the previous episodes.