In certain situations, it is helpful to give other people in your company access to QuickBooks. In the sales process, this can be helpful if you want to get paid quickly. You can give QuickBooks access to your sales team, so they can do certain actions within the system. In this episode of MissionBusinessPodcast.com, Bernard Roesch shares examples of when this is needed, the benefits this will bring to your sales team, and how to share access with your sales team in QuickBooks.
If you have any questions about this podcast episode, please feel free to contact us.
The Benefits Of QuickBooks Sales Team Access
Depending on your sales process, there are certain situations where it would be helpful for your sales team to have access to QuickBooks. For example, enabling your team to send cost estimates as part of the sales process and then convert those to sales orders can significantly streamline the sales process. This also ensures data is tracked appropriately within QuickBooks.
- You can configure templates and internally review the process as your sales team uses it within QuickBooks.
- Your team can also easily convert estimates to invoices, which will save them time.
- As another step in the sales process, you could even collect payment for a deposit by having the sales team collect credit card information on a call.
By having this access, the sales team can operate more efficiently and move deals forward faster.
How To Give QuickBooks Access To Your Team
The process for giving access to your team is as follows.
- Create permissions that your sales team can use in their accounts – This is configured within QuickBooks and determines what they can and cannot do within the system. For example, your sales team should not need to run payroll or send the payments to anybody. You can disable this within their permission settings.
- Set up a user account for each person – Once you have configured permissions, set up a user account for each person. Do not have a single sales user that the entire sales team uses. If you do this, you will not be able to track accountability within the system.
Finally, show your team how to use QuickBooks within their sales process. This might require some redesigning of certain parts of your process to get the data within QuickBooks, but the time savings and accounting efficiency will be worth the change.
We Can Help You
To get the full value out of QuickBooks, you need to streamline your workflow, which means getting your team involved in QuickBooks. If you need help configuring this with your team, contact Bernard today to get started.
You can also visit MissionBusinessPodcast.com for more insights that Bernard has been sharing with us in the previous episodes.