It’s amazing how much technology has evolved in the last two decades. One of the greatest advances of all is smartphones, and what they do for us and allow us to do. Thanks to this technology, you now have a world’s worth of information at your disposal. From your family photos to your bank information even to your business software— it’s all right in your pocket.
That’s right— even your QuickBooks software, thanks to the QuickBooks mobile app.
The QuickBooks mobile app helps make running your business and keeping your finances organized much easier. It keeps all your financial information at your fingertips— even when you’re out of the office. No matter where you are you have access to critical information that provides you the information you need to make smart financial decisions and even invoice clients or receive payments on the spot.
So if you’re using QuickBooks accounting software, you should absolutely take advantage of this handy app and its features.
What is the QuickBooks Mobile App?
The QuickBooks mobile app— or the QuickBooks Online mobile app— allows you to keep track of your business’ finances, no matter where you are.
It includes a variety of easy-to-use features including:
- Send invoices and estimates— right from your mobile device.
- View, add, and edit transactions such as invoices, estimates, sales, and expenses.
- Observe your business’ projected cash flow in real time.
- Take photos of receipts and categorize all expenses, big or small. This is especially helpful during tax season.
- Receive fast electronic payments QuickBooks’ own credit card processing, as well as from third-party apps like Square and Paypal.
- Real-time reports that track your business expenses as they happen— and syncs them throughout your programs so that you stay up-to-date everywhere.
- Robust security features, including 128-bit SSL encryption to ensure that your business transactions and records are always protected.
Features by Plan
The above features come standard with the QBO mobile app. But just like your QuickBooks software, the number of features you can access on the app depends on which plan your business uses. There are five different plan options based on the available QuickBooks Online plans:
- Self-Employed: This basic plan is aimed at freelancers who likely do not need a ton of premium features. This includes baseline features like syncing bank transactions, snapping photos of receipts, and expense tracking.
- Simple Start: This and the self-employed plan are the most basic plans with the fewest bells and whistles. The Simple Start Plan includes all of the baseline features listed earlier, such as sending invoices and estimates, processing electronic payments, and real-time business reports.
- Essentials: This plan includes all the baseline features, as well as features like employee time tracking and bill payment.
- Plus: This plan includes all of the above features from the other plans. It also includes new features like inventory tracking for up to five users, and lets you oversee your projects on the app.
- Advanced: This plan includes all of the other plans’ features, as well as the most robust features of all the plans. It includes business analytics and insights and faster transaction speeds.
Why You Should Use the QuickBooks Mobile App
The features above are reason enough for small business owners to take advantage of the QuickBooks app. But it isn’t just the features that make this app worth using. It’s the overall ease of use and convenience that make the QuickBooks mobile app a powerful business tool.
No matter what plan you use, you can always expect:
- All your business’ information stays up to date across all your QuickBooks programs— whether you are in the office or on the go.
- You have access to all the features your business needs.
- Managing your business and your finances is much easier, whether you are a road warrior, or just occasionally meet with clients outside your office.
And honestly, why wouldn’t you want all your company information in the palm of your hand? Before you download the app though, it’s important to know whether or not your preferred version of QuickBooks will work with the mobile app.
Which Versions of QuickBooks Can Use The Mobile App?
The QBO mobile app comes free with a subscription to any of the QuickBooks Online programs. Just like I mentioned above, these include:
- Simple Start
In short— as long as you have an active QuickBooks Online account— no matter what plan you use— you can use the mobile app. But if you’re a QuickBooks desktop user, you may be wondering— can I use the mobile app too?
Can QuickBooks Desktop Users Access the Mobile App?
Originally, no. This feature was previously inaccessible to anyone using any of the QuickBooks Desktop programs unless they upgraded to an online plan. However, all that has changed in 2022.
Starting this year, all QuickBooks programs will require a monthly subscription fee to use— including the desktop versions. However, Desktop users will now have access to a number of features that were previously inaccessible to them, including the mobile app.
For more information about these changes, check out MISSION’s article about which QuickBooks version is right for you.
Need Help With QuickBooks? MISSION Accounting Can Help.
The Intuit QuickBooks product library has a wide array of robust and helpful features for all your small business needs. From helping you manage your cash flow to tracking inventory and transactions, QuickBooks can make running your small business much easier. This is especially true if you utilize the QuickBooks mobile app and its unique features.
You can download the QuickBooks mobile app free for both iOS and Android from the App Store or Google Play respectively, or from the QuickBooks website.
Is your company looking for the best QuickBooks software for its unique needs? When you purchase your preferred QuickBooks software from MISSION, we can help you install it and help you get the most out of your software. We can also train your company in how to use it, and provide valuable insights when working with a skilled accountant.
Bernard Roesch, MISSION Accounting’s founder, is a Harvard MBA and a QuickBooks ProAdvisor. He has over 25 years of experience in advising his clients and helping them make smart and profitable business decisions. He and his team of QuickBooks experts can also help you choose the right QuickBooks version and help your business unleash the full power of QuickBooks to help your business and its finances thrive.
Contact MISSION Accounting today to schedule a complimentary consultation for your QuickBooks software needs. Let us help you find solutions to all your business’s financial needs and make keeping track of your finances infinitely easier.